In order to activate your membership, please select from the options below and proceed with payment processing via PayPal. After payment, you will be re-directed to registration, where you will create a username and password, and submit your profile information. Once this has been completed, log in at www.aijic.org on the Members’ Portal/Login at any time.
You can also mail a check made out to AIJIC to:
18653 Ventura Blvd., Suite 429-Tarzana, CA 91365
Effective July 2015, AIJIC welcomes interpreters who are employees of the California courts as members, and who seek to support all facets of our profession. However, members who are employees of the courts must keep in mind that AIJIC cannot intervene on their behalf on matters related to their employers.
AIJIC membership is not refundable. Please see AIJIC benefits below.Become a Member
Make an investment in yourself and your profession by joining the Association of Independent Judicial Interpreters of California (AIJIC). Become a member of AIJIC today and receive the following benefits:
- An advocate to represent the interests of freelancers before the Judicial Council in matters that directly affect our profession, and in legislative affairs in Sacramento.
- Information on interpreting agencies.
- Better informed agencies, attorneys and other parties on the laws that require certified court interpreters to be used for depositions for civil cases.
- A resource to address the issue of non-certified interpreters hired for court proceedings.
- Assistance with unpaid invoices. Before joining, read about our policy at www.aijic.org/unpaid-invoices/
- Discounts on continuing education courses provided by AIJIC and special events.
- The opportunity to network with fellow interpreters at meetings and events.
- Participate as a mentor or as a mentee in our Mentorship Program.
- Participating in committees to make a greater impact.
Interpreters designated as certified or registered by the Judicial Council of California; or interpreters who are federally certified by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts, residents of California. Active members are featured in our Find an Interpreter directory. Fee: $125
Any student enrolled in an interpretation school in the State of California or who passed the written segment of the court interpreting exam and/or is self-studying for the oral court interpreting exam. AIJIC student members are eligible to participate in our Mentorship Program and receive guidance and advice on the court interpreting profession in the private sector. AIJIC student members are not featured in our Find an Interpreter directory. Fee: $50
Any nonprofit institution with an interest in the interpreting profession. Institutional members are not featured in our Find an Interpreter directory. Fee: $175
Any business with an interest in the interpreting profession. Corporate members are not featured in our Find an Interpreter directory but their logos are displayed at the bottom of our home page. Fee: $225
May be conferred by a vote of two-thirds of the Board of Directors upon individuals who have distinguished themselves in the interpreting profession. Honorary members are not featured in our Find an Interpreter directory. No fee.